Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Sleep Medication

Soooo, after subtly being accused of drug seeking behavior given that the previous sleep medication I was on was some kind of "wonder" tranquilizer that I should never, ever have to take more than the 30 mgs prescribed. Yeah, bull shit on that. I mean, sure, it worked pretty good and had NO side effects. It just didn't work 100% all of the time. That or my insomnia has superpowers. Could be superpowers at work here.

Anyways. So after oh-so-subtly being accused of drug seeking behavior because I tried to fill that prescription a week before I was apparently "allowed" to....and the pharmacist flat out telling my doctor she will NOT fill that prescription early, the doc put me on a new one. * shakes her head *

First thing on the Patient Info page? -->
What is the most important information I should know about zaleplon?  
After taking zaleplon, you may get up out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing. The next morning, you may not remember that you did anything during the night.

Hmmm, doesn't sound too terrible does it? Let's see what activities they are talking about.

Reported activities include:  
- driving a car ("sleep-driving") -- You mean, I could totally take a drive WHILE STILL ASLEEP? That doesn't sound safe at all.
- making and eating food -- Sure, the idea that I could be wielding knives and using the STOVE while asleep doesn't sound too terrible at all.  
- talking on the phone -- Eh, I've done enough drunk dialing in my life, this one doesn't really worry me at all. Could actually prove entertaining.....as long as I don't call either boss.......
- having sex -- What. The. Fuck. What if this teams up with the sleep driving, and I sleep drive somewhere and sleep screw someone? As understanding as my husband is, I don't see this one going over too well.

This medication is also known to increase aggressive behavior and cause hallucinations.

So, let me see if I've got this right.
Upon taking this medication, I could sleep-walk into my husband's room, rape him, and then beat the crap out of him? Wow.

This should be fun.
Not sure if I'm being sarcastic here or not.

Actually, now that I think about it, most of these behaviors I've done under the influence of alcohol.  Maybe I should just drink two 4 Horsemen and skip the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment