Thursday, February 28, 2013

International Polar Bear Day and Some Magick


artwork via Pinterest

Happy International Polar Bear Day.

I really had to slam on the breaks today on an impulse buy.  My favorite Eskimo artist has a new hair stick up for sale:

That's polar bear fur on the ends.  And man, do I want it.  But it's $90.  And while I do have the money, it's crazy to spend that on a hair stick I'll never use.  My hair is too fine to use a hair stick like this and actually expect it to stay put.  I even told myself I'd use it as a wand instead.  But the stick part is a scant 3.75 inches long.  That's just too dainty for me.  So I'll just dream about it instead and not purchase it.

Guess my new medication is working.  I'm off of Seroquel and now on Geodon.  I've been on the samples for about a week and a half now and will pick up my 30 day supply tomorrow -- to the tune of $105.  *sighs*  Glad I have income tax return money.  This whole being crazy is EXPENSIVE! 

Jo Ann, a member of my journaling group, wrote a nice journal entry yesterday that really resonated with me.

Now, I'm not Christian, so I merely substitute "Divine" where she writes "God" and "Jesus".  But all in all, a very profound journal entry that I really needed to read.

I'm terrible with self-doubt.  I'm horrible at telling myself I'm not worth the effort and/or time. 
And so, I'm ready to change that.  Instead, I'm telling myself over and over that I AM worth the time and effort.
I'm worth the time and effort to do the small rituals and cermonies I like and enjoy.  They connect me to something greater than myself, the Divine, and that's something I seriously need in my life.
I'm worth the time and effort to get healthy once more.
And so on and so forth.

And I've decided that anytime I start getting down on myself, I'll mentally list all the good attributes I possess.
And whenever I start saying I'm not worth it, instead I'll remind myself that I am worth it and so much more. 

I'm tired of being my own worst enemy.  Time to turn that enemy into an ally.  Just imagine what I can do then.  *chuckles*  Watch out world. 

In other good news, I might have a summer gig lined up.  The family I nannied for last year doesn't need me full time this summer, so I was scrambling a bit to find something.  But a parent today approached me about babysitting for them four days a week, 9 am to 5 pm.  The hitch...it's going to be 6 boys of roughly the same age (2nd to 4th graders) and two middle school girls from time to time.  The mom really wants me to think it over and let her know what I would charge for that.

David and I talked about it and have decided that $32 per child per day for the week would be more than fair, though I'm willing to go down to $30 per child if needs be.  That would be a little over $700 a week, which would be AMAZING.  I'd be able to stay current with all my bills and even make headway on them!  What a relief that would be!  So I plan to email her once I get to work tomorrow (I have her email address and phone number at work) and get more details before saying anything about price.  I will go ahead and offer to email her my resume too, just so she'll know what a deal she's getting.  *grins and winks*  Hell, I've been working with children since 1997 plus am CPR and 1st Aid certified.  Should be a totally shoe-in.  It certainly would be nice.

Took a mini-break from writing this to do an impromptu spell to help with this.  Gotta take advantage of that Full Moon energy too!  Woohoo! I couldn't have planned a better night for this magick.  Full Moon energy, plus I'm at the tail end of my MoonTime, so there's THAT extra energy too.  So here's hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment