Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Dark and the Light


art from BijouxNoir

Yep, I'm still here. 
Gorgeous artwork above, no?
And it so perfectly sums me up.
Light and Dark.
All swirled together. 
Beautifully.

I've stopped taking the Seroquel.
And surprise, surprise, I've stopped sleeping 12+ hours and still being exhausted.
I was warned that excessive sleepiness was a very real side effect.
And one we wanted to watch out for, given that when I'm depressed, I sleep a lot as it is.

And I've stopped bouncing so drastically.
Manic one moment.
Depressed the next.
Or to put it in more graspable terms for those not blessed with bipolar.
Not, In-Your-Face-You-Want-To-Fucking-Fight one moment.
Or I-Don't-Really-Want-To-Do-A-Damn-Thing-Except-Sleep the next.

And with the mania comes the invincibility.  So I believe in my heart that I can take on anyone in a fight and win.  Even when all the facts state other wise.  *chuckles*
Hell, even had a few mixed episodes in there, manic AND depressed.  Geez, what a clusterfuck that was.

But I digress.  I didn't wish to write all whine whine whine.

Payday this past Friday was a fucking amazing paycheck.
I'll be able to pay all my bills WITH money left over.
So I should be able to afford to go see my psychiatrist, if he requires it, when I call him and tell him how I've been ping-ponging all over the damn place.

David and I have been on a movie watching kick.
The Possession -- damn good.  I like the fact that it was a Catholic demon, but a Jewish one.  Nice little spin that I have yet to see in standard possession movies.  And this one was fucking creepy as hell.  Damn good.
Solomon King -- like Van Helsing and Season of the Witch.  Good.  But I doubt we'll buy this one at any point.
Here Comes the Boom -- friggin' hilarious!  Plus, it's got UFC guys in it.  We loved this one and will certainly be picking it up.
Taken 2 -- very good.  Not sure if we'll pick it up, as we have Taken 1 and haven't really re-watched it a whole lot.
End of Watch -- a pretty good cop drama, but I doubt we'll pick it up.
Those are the ones we've rented this month from Vudu, thus far.  Three of those were last night.  *laughs*

Let's see, what else do I need to write about? *thumbs back through her various entries*  Hmm, seems I was either moaning about depression, elated on mania, or just sharing photos.  *chuckles*

So let's see. 
Feb 8th, we all went over to Allie's apartment (she's one of my aides) and just hung out.  It was me, David, Allie, Danny (her boyfriend), and Natalie (another of my aides).  And oh my god did we have a BLAST!  We stayed up until 2 am just cracking up and having a grand time.  David even really came out of his normal I-don't-know-you shell and was a total ham.  It was great fun.  Hopefully we can keep this going.

Feb 9th, I had my first class with Beowulf over Runes.  We met over at the house of a friend of his.  This couple helped him get into the Pagan community and they were all in a Coven together for a long time.  And I absolutely adore Harold and Jen.  Just love them.  Ended up getting sick as could be -- even threw up and I never throw up (hell, can't even remember the last time I did -- been YEARS).  But barring that, I loved them.
Harold used to do a lot of Pagan crafting, and showed me his smudge fan he'd made and his staff.  Oh my god, I practically drooled all over his staff (WOW, that sounds dirty).  Seriously though, it was gorgeous.  Stunning wood, thick, smooth.....geez, this keeps on sounding dirtier, and dirtier.  *chuckles*  Ok, then I'll stop talking about his gorgeous wood.  *chuckles*  Couldn't help myself there.

This coming weekend is the North American Reptile Breeders Conference in Arlington.  I seriously want to go.  I need to check on how much it is to get in and who their various guest speakers are, in case I want to sit in on any of the lectures.  I just want to go and be among other reptile lovers, and see the GORGEOUS reptiles they bring to show off (and sell).  Sadly, no new reptiles for me.  Leviathan is the only one until we can get a house.

Eh, I think that's all I really needed/wanted to cover for now.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment