Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sekhmet Art

A friend of mine is a great artist and she recently did a sketch of Anubis that was amazing
I like Anubis.  I just don't work with gods.  *chuckles*

So I asked her if she'd be interested in doing a commission piece of Sekhmet.  She's agreed to take on the challenge.
It'll be an oil painting, 8x10, and will cost me $75.

Here's her preliminary sketch:


I told her I wanted the mood to be powerful/fierce without being scary.  And I do believe she's nailed it.
I like the braids on the right side, so she'll add those to the left too.
And instead of placing the solar disk on Sekhmet's head (as She's traditionally shown having), we're leaving it more abstract...solar rays or a solar haloing effect. 
She'll be a pale, pale tawny color...between a white lion and the standard lion coloration....and will have warm honey amber eyes.

I need to rework my whole altar area.  The black shelf I have above my altar could really be lowered a good two inches.  I need to sell the two masks I have (Sekhmet and Black Wolf) as I do not use them....and honestly, never did. 

And I need to sell the Sekhmet painting that I bought purely on impulse, that I don't care for now (the artist used a mountain lion instead of a lioness).  Then I could hang this new painting above the black shelf and hang the deer antlers above that (whenever I get around to finally cleaning and mounting those properly).

No comments:

Post a Comment