Monday, December 3, 2012

Reindeer and Hair


ART: into the wild: emily senko
ARTIST: rennio maifredi

I keep getting questions as to when I'll be dying my hair. 
Honestly...not until the Summer most likely.
"Unnatural" hair color is frowned upon in my job (working with children through the school district), which bars my dreams of having lavender and/or ice blue hair.  So I have to wait until the summer to be able to do this.  But trust me, I will have my pretty, pretty hair one of these days.
I would be tempted to do a dip dye over Winter Break.  I just have to check on costs.  And given that I bought the Dancing Goddess Doll I was wanting (at $40), I doubt I'll have the money left over to dye my hair also.  We'll see on the 15th, as that's my payday.  If I have the money, I'll certainly look into it. 
If I go that way, then I'd dip dye the bottom 3 inches or so blonde first and then lavender, so the lavender comes out strong.  And when it's time to return to work, I'd just trim those three inches off. 
I think it would be cool over the summer to put in blonde highlights that I then turned a super pale lavender.

I've gotten questions as to how I know that Deer is my totem for my 31st year. 
The best way I can explain it, is that I'm very in tune with the animal world.  Generally, I take on a new totem for each year, and it embodies the attributes and lessons I wish to learn and embody for that year.  This year, my obsession turned to antlered women.  And by right of that, the Deer.  My new athame's (ritual knife) is made from a mule deer's antler.  And I've been working on the pair of antlers my brother gave me....I'm stripping the hide and flesh from them.  One pair will go in Leviathan's tank for her to slither over and enjoy.  The other, I'll hang near my altar to hang feathers and beads and whatnot from.
And from my various wanderings on the internet, there are actually Antlered Goddesses out there.  It took me some reading, but I found out that Reindeer are the only deer species in which females also grow antlers AND they keep their antlers longer than the males.  So maybe Reindeer is the totem instead of Deer.  I'll have to reflect more on this.

I'm designing my own wand that I'll use during my MoonTime.  My energy moves differently during my MoonTime and I'd like to have some ritual items set aside just for that.  *smiles*  That, and and I'm not feeling all that connected to my current wand any more.  Maybe I'll use my current wand for the basis of my new wand?  I need to get my hands an a copperhead skin.  I don't need a whole lot.  I'll have to see what I can get.

*scampers off*

No comments:

Post a Comment