Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Goals & Progress, Unicorns & Totems


ART: Snow Queen
ARTIST: Emily Balivet

I'm doing worlds better.
The desire to cut is lessened to a normal thrumming level. 
A level that is constant in my life, yet regulated to the background noise and chatter.

I'm actively working on my 31 Goals for my 31st year. 
I made my 2nd new recipe tonight.
First recipe -- Red Velvet Cake Dip....I give it 3 out of 5 stars.  Eh, I wasn't overly impressed, though David raves "It's brilliant."
Second recipe -- Cheesy Ranch Chicken....I give it a 3 out of 5 stars, too.  I also wasn't overly impressed with this recipe.  It's similar to my Parmesan Crusted Chicken, but the Parmesan Crusted Chicken is WAY tastier and much simpler to make.

I also made my wish at 12:12 on 12/12/12.   
That was another one of my goals.

I'm also working on loosing weight. 
I'm down 10 pounds thus far. 
Still have 27 pounds to go to hit my first weight goal.
Now that the depression doesn't have me in a choke hold, I should be able to get off my ass and start working out again.
I need to get back into the habit of using weights too in my work outs.

I checked on my alternative teaching certificate. 
I lack 9 more online classes. 
Then I take my certification test(s).
And then I can start looking for a job.

Totally random, but back when I was a senior in high school, I did my senior English research paper over unicorns.
And I came across a book supposedly written by monks about the unicorn.
And I've NEVER been able to figure out the name of the book.
Until today.
The Unicornis Manuscripts: On the History & Truth of the Unicorn, by Michael Green.
You have no idea the thrill that went through my body upon accidentally stumbling across this book through Pinterest.
It'll cost me around $35 to get a copy of the book, so I'm hoping that after Christmas (money), I'll be able to get it.

I finally did my Tabula Rasa year tarot reading. 
I did the beginning stages of my Tabula Rasa ritual back on my birthday (November 10th). 
This next year seems to be a year of emotions....lots of water creatures.
Challenges are presented, but so is wonderment.  Should be interesting

Well it's 2 am. 
Time for me to head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment