Saturday, December 29, 2012

Come On In.....ramblings


via pinterest

Doesn't that just look so comfortable and inviting?  I know I'd love to curl up inside of it and just snooze the day away.  I have plans to make myself a small one like this one of these days. Gotta have access to a sewing machine though, that's for sure.  I'm not hand-stitching that bitch.  No way.

Found a dress I like on Pinterest.  No really.  The original one I saw was white under the lace.

But then I saw the green and fell in love.  Which is odd, as I'm not a fan of green at all.  But it just seems so RIGHT for this dress.
I just need the body to go with it.

Did 10 minutes on the elliptical today.  Nothing crazy special there, but it's the first time I've been on the elliptical since the 8th, so that's something. 
Making a plan to do 10 minutes a day or at least 70 minutes a week.  That gives me some wiggle room, so I could do more on one day to catch up if needs be (and I'm sure I'll need to use that from time to time).  I need to stick with my work out motto:  Baby steps, but DAILY steps.  I forgot all about ANY steps.

Saw my psychiatrist yesterday.  I'm off of Abilify for good.  Apparently there are a rare few that develop an intense restlessness on the medicine.  I'm one of those damn "lucky few".  Wish I could be a non-health related "lucky few".  Why I can't I be one of those "lucky few" that win the lottery, eh?  That would be nice!

So now we're trying me out on Seroquel.  My doctor warned that this has been known to make people drowsy.  So I am supposed to take it at night before going to bed.  Yeah, did that last night around 11pm.  Didn't go to bed until 2 am.  *sighs*  Am I going to be one of those "lucky few" again?  I go back on January 15th.  We'll see!

Finished up the tree.  I got the trunk attached and added in the presents.  I'll post photos of that another time.  Don't really feel like doing it right now. 

AND I got one of those small 3 ring binders to use for the Christmas cards we got this year.  That turned out pretty damn cute too.  I plan to do that every year.  I want to do the same for the rest of the cards we have.  A binder for all the wedding cards would be cool, plus one for birthday cards.

I can hardly believe that 2012 is almost over.  Just a few more days and it's done. 
I'm taking up the 365 photo challenge -- that's one photo every day for the year of 2013.
And I'll be doing the Project Life scrapbook challenge too.  Plus all my art journals of course.  Can't forget those. 

Yesterday I also finished up the last on-line course for Texas Teachers alternative program.  I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am that that part of the whole thing is over and done with.  Nor how proud I am to have banged out 9 classes in 5 days.  I'm approved for the Generalist 3 - 8th Grade and 8-12 English, so those are the two tests I'll study for and take.  As soon as we get back to work, I plan to print out the study guides and begin that work.

I picked up a red journal (like a moleskine but a FRACTION of the price) and have turned it into my Bucket List Book.  I've got tons of things written down in it...all things I would like to do before I kick the bucket.  I'm using it as motivation to get my butt in gear and get stuff done so that I can accomplish and enjoy the various things I have listed there.

I am also working on my 31 Goals for my 31st year AND my 101 Goals in 1001 Days.  So far so good.  I plan to check in one a month on both of those and keep myself on course.  First check in will be January 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment