Monday, August 12, 2013

Fasting

I've decided to Fast today.  Just from the time I got up until the time David comes home and wants to eat.  Much like the way Muslims fast for the month of Ramadan (sun up to sun down). 

I've been feeling the pull for another Vision Quest and for Sweat Lodges recently, so this is a baby step in that direction.  The Vision Quest can be up to 4 days of fasting, so a single day shouldn't be that hard.

To be honest, the day and a half I was out Crying for a Vision, it was fairly easy.  I didn't have food around to tempt me.  And I only drank what water I needed to take my birth control pills. 

But this will be more of a test, as I'm in a house full of things to eat and drink.  This will take more will power.  I need to prove to myself that I'm still strong.

I've been working on my Book of Shadows again, I'm quite happy to report.  I'm going to sign off and continue working on that.

~*~*~Edit~*~*~
The fast went quite well.  Only a few times did I feel really tempted to break it prematurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment