Friday, August 9, 2013

BRILLIANT!

So I was goofing off on Etsy, as I'm wont to do on these days I have nothing of importance on my plate.  It's either that or sleep and I'm trying to sleep less as I don't really NEED 14 hours each day.

Anyways!  So I just typed in "altar" into the search engine as I love looking at what other people consider altars or do with their altars.  I love the Pagan inspiration that I can Pagan-ly steal and use in my own way.  *laughs*  I mean, "stealing" IDEAS, not items.  I try to keep my theft to the minimum, you know.

Off track again....so I came across these little "altars".




And just like that, Inspiration fluttered down and SMITED me mightily.  I'm still reeling from it.

These would be easier and CHEAPER to do than decorating the altar.  I still plan to decorate my altar shelf with beads and crystals and all sorts of gemstone goodness,  But that shit's expensive.

But these.....these I could make out of clay.  One for each direction and a little tea-light inside for ritual.  Or little symbols of each direction inside if I don't wish to use tea-lights.





East could have a yellow background and I could press feathers into the clay for texture.
South could be red and have flames draw into the clay.
West could be blue and have waves or seashells pressed into the clay.
North could be green or brown and have leaves and stones pressed into the clay.

There are a ton of clay recipes on Pinterest that I could play around with and see what works best.  I'm thinking the air-dry white clay would be a good way to go.

Maybe, just maybe, this could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment