Monday, December 21, 2020

Recapping

Crazy times in the life of this Lil Wolf.

I got into a minor tiff with my quasi-supervisor because he elected to use a sanitizer that I specifically asked him NOT to use because I’m allergic to it. He used it anyways and said it would dry. Like that would negate any allergic reaction. ::rolls her eyes so damn hard:: Yeah, I made sure to clean it again with the cleaning alcohol we have, but I didn’t get it all. I ended up with mild hives on my wrists, between my fingers, and up my forearms.

AND, on top of that, he was switching out some of the shelves in the picture book area, and kept coming over to the desk to use STUPID amounts of hand sanitizer. Which I asked him, three times, that if he was going to use that stuff, to please not use it around me – because it triggers migraines. But of course, he completely ignored that as well. ::sighs::

So yeah, I ended up rocking a solid 3-day migraine off that. But, I talked to the Director about it and she removed those cleaning products from the youth desk AND apparently read him the riot act over it. Honestly, I get the feeling that he was “testing” my allergy to see if it was real or not. And, if I had a shred of proof beyond my gut feeling, I would be reporting his ass to our HR department so damn fast. That shit is NOT cool. If someone tells you they are allergic to something, or that something triggers a negative reaction (be it medical or otherwise), do NOT be a dick and “test” it. And seriously, if I get wind of any of my friends doing this, I will give them one hell of a verbal and/or physical ass beating over it with zero hesitation. That shit is NOT COOL AT ALL.

My feeding of the Canada geese continues to go extremely well. They now come when I yell out “GEESIES” and shake the bag of cracked corn I have. ::laughs:: I have people that stop and watch me, completely baffled, that they come when they are called. Baffled even more that I hand feed the flock. And even MORE baffled when I chide the various bully geese and turn my back on them and refuse to feed them until they behave. ::laughs:: But so far, no one has taken me up on my offer to share the goose food and let them hand feed the geese. ::grins:: Can’t imagine why.

Oh, and going back to the three-day migraine…I got a super awesome surprise. A pen pal sent me a plush Canada goose!

131261398_4196316313728503_6452237140746323058_n

I look like crap in the photo, but, hey, a three-day migraine ain’t a walk in the park. But I was so happy with the gift, I had to share a photo of it on Facebook. Plus, my pen pal didn’t put who the gift was from, so I had to figure out who it was from. ::chuckles:: Wendy is awesome that way. Currently, the goose sits on the table I put my wallet and iPod on. I’m debating if it will go up to work to hang out in my cubicle, or if it will migrate up to my bedroom. I’m thinking work, because I don’t always get to feed my wild geese friends and some days, I seriously need my geese time.

I got a 40 cent raise at work that will kick in at the new year. But I also found out that I’m currently only making a dollar more an hour than the part time staff with zero library training or degree and that has seriously pissed me the fuck off. Like, I have a goddamn MASTER’S degree, and part time staff is making a dollar less than me? What the ever loving fuck? ALMOST makes me wish I had taken the job with the Da. Library – the pay was significantly higher. But they had to furlough the bulk of their staff, so I would have been out of job for part of this year. ::sighs:: Yeah, once the COVID shit is sorted, I will be looking for another job pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment