Saturday, December 5, 2020

Rambles

Job

Feeling less “meh” about my job. I was just hitting my mental breaking point about the damn Holiday in a Bag kits. I was really feeling the pressure to get all 250 bags done asap. And there were so many roadblocks and screw-ups in the process that just continued to slow me down. I missed the deadline and I was really beating myself up over it.

Surprisingly, quasi-supervisor was super chill about it and told me not to sweat it. It will get done when it gets done. And if I needed any help with the kits, to feel free to rope in some of the part time staff in whatever use I needed. ::chuckles:: Once I actually got all the damn bags done, I felt immensely better.

I also celebrated my 1 year anniversary at the Library. Director told me that HR has FINALLY cleared her to hire on a part timer specifically to help out the Youth Department. Oh my lordy, that would be such a blessing. Apparently, Director has been pushing this for MONTHS and has just now gotten the green light. She didn’t want to say anything until she knew it was a go, so now she can list the job and hopefully start interviewing. Having a dedicated part timer to help out just with Youth stuff is going to be AMAZING. I am legit excited about the prospect.

November Full Moon
I opted not to make an oil this past full moon. Man, I was just feeling SO beat down and worn out. I just needed a break. I instead just rested, and basked in the glory of the full moon. And I’m noticing that with eclipses, I tend to have zero energy. I’ll have to keep an eye on that in the future and see if that continues to be a trend or not.

So, I’m already planning for December’s full moon (not until December 29th), but I’ll be trying my hand at the famous Van Van oil. I’ve gone ahead and ordered the two oils that I need for this particular magickal oil. I will be swinging by the local Pagan store to pick up the dried Lemongrass I need.

Apparently, Lemongrass repels mosquitoes as well. So I will certainly be looking into growing some of those in some planters for the spring and summer time. This plant apparently does well in planters and containers, so it would be nice to have a few pots around the back and front patios. Even if it doesn’t fully repel the mosquitoes, it’s supposed to have a very nice, light lemon aroma, so that will be nice. Plus, there’s the whole magickal side of it AND it makes a good tea, I hear. So yeah, lots of benefits to growing this little grass in the future.

Turkey Day
Didn’t go down to see my family for Turkey Day. Probably could have and would have been fine. But given how the COVID numbers here in the metroplex are EXPLODING and my particular city is going back into partial lock-down (one must have an appointment to enter any City building, must be wearing appropriate mask, AND will have a temperature check before allowed inside the building), I just didn’t feel comfortable risking it. I work with the public, and I would feel absolutely terrible if I unknowingly passed on COVID to my brother and his family, or to my mom.

Mom says Brother was actually pretty bummed that I didn’t come down. That melted my lil stone heart a bit. ::chuckles:: Hopefully, once we get a good vaccine going, we can go back to semi-normalcy of seeing each other 3 or 4 times a year again.

COVID
We got notification yesterday that one of our staff has tested positive for COVID. So yeah. That’s a fun bit of news. They are pretty sure the staff member hasn’t been to work in the time frame of being contagious, but aren’t 100% sure. And of course, they can’t say WHO it is either. So yeah, anxiety is riding a bit high right now.

Yule
With a coworker testing positive, I will certainly not be going to the Coven’s in person Yule ritual. I mean, I had already made up my mind that it wasn’t worth the risk, but this just seals the deal 100% for me. I was thinking I would just drop off the holly branches (for ritual) and the gifts at the High Priestess’s house beforehand, but that kind of defeats the purpose of not going to the ritual itself. So, I am thinking they will just have to make do without the holly. And I’ll mail them their gifts at a later date, once I’m beyond the 14 day mark, just to be safe.

I know, I know, I could just go get a COVID test, but those lines are so damn long these days, I would have to take an entire day off of work just to do that. And the current turn around wait in our County is 3 to 4 days. So yeah, I’m just going to do the whole “wait and see”. Probably not my smartest idea....but also definitely not the stupidest thing I’ve ever done either. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment