Monday, December 28, 2020

All I Wanted for Christmas

was to NOT have fucking HIVES.

::sighs:: Yeah, so I’ve been battling hives since quasi-supervisor did his lil stunt of testing my allergies to a cleaning agent that I specifically told him not to use. Hell, I even told him that I would wipe down the desk after he used it, so it wasn’t like it was putting him out or anything.

At that point, I had 2 or 3 hives up on my neck. It has slowly spread to my chest, neck, and left shoulder. And today I have 4 on my face. ::sighs:: I’ve been taking Benadryl like it’s friggin’ candy and that keeps the itching to a minimum, but the hives themselves are still there.

So yeah, I’ve made an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday (because that’s the first day I could get in early enough to miss the least amount of work), so HOPEFULLY she can do something to get rid of these damn things.

I think I’m up to 14 or 15 hives now. And the original ones are peeling and itching. It’s fucking fabulous, lemme tell ya.

Honestly, if they weren’t spreading up my face, I don’t think I would care that much. But I have two on my jaw, and one above my left eye and that has me concerned. I mean, that can’t be good, right?

I just want to know what the hell is triggering it. I’ve changed my bed sheets. I’ve washed all the blankets in the house that I use. I’ve washed all my clothing. I haven’t changed any laundry soap or shower soap or anything along those lines. Eating habits are pretty much the same. I mean, cedar is out of control right now, which is wreaking havoc on Hubs and my seasonal allergies. But that’s the standard sneezing, itchy eyes, and runny nose stuff. Hives are completely new – well except for when I learned, the hard way, that I’m allergic to lithium. ::sighs::

Man, I guess 2020 ain’t done with me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment