Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leap Day


All in all, a fabulous Leap Day today.

I got a number of letters written and mailed out today.  I hope they are able to get the cancelation stamp from today.  I meant to send out a slew of postcards to friends (like I did on the previous Leap Day), but that just didn’t happen.  ::shrugs::  Oh well, I have four years to prepare for the next Leap Day.  I also want to write a letter to myself to be opened on the next Leap Day.  I’ll finish that up and put it in my Polar Bear box….which reminds me.  I still need to do my Polar Bear Day celebration/ritual as well.  This past year as certainly taught me that the calendar is man-made, and my rituals and holy days don’t subscribe to that.  I will be keeping my schedule from now on.  The calendar is merely a suggestion.  I would do well to remember that.

While at Barnes & Noble today, I picked up a new oracle deck – Crystals: The Stone Deck.  A total impulse purchase, but damn it’s gorgeous.  I also find a trinket bowl for my gemstones that I want up at work.  It’s actually a candle holder, but it’s exactly what I wanted.  ::chuckles::  And on the drive home, my inner snark came out.  After listening to my coworkers make fun of crystals, I will have my dish of crystals, and this crystal deck up there.  ::chuckles:: 

I don’t have to push back against my coworkers.  But I also don’t have to back down.  I will quietly stand my ground and show them who I am.  Now I just have to figure out what sigil I will draw on the dish before putting my gemstones in it.  ::smiles::

I love the posts my friend Dusty makes.  He is always so unapologetically and enthusiastically positive.  I seriously LOVE reading whatever he posts.  It always brings a massive smile to my face because you can just feel his soul-level giddiness over it.  I want more of that in my life.  So that’s my new goal for March.  To find and do and CELEBRATE the things that make my soul happy.  And that’s what I want to share on Facebook.  I’m tired of the negative shit.  I really am.  I’m not saying to ignore the negative shit that’s going on.  I just don’t have to wallow in it.  And I don’t have to spread it around either.

No comments:

Post a Comment