Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Doom & Misery

written: February 08

I am mostly over the Stomach Plague of Doom and Misery.
It laid me the fuck out on Thursday. Beginning at midnight until 6 am, every hour, on the hour, I did my own personal rendition of The Exorcist. I pulled muscles in my stomach and back from the force of projectile vomiting I was doing. Plus there was the whole 102 fever, chills, and complete vacating of my bowels. I don’t know what I did to offend the GI Tract Gods, but holy hell, I repent!!!!! Why hast thou forsaken me????

Yeah, at 3 am, I could tell the route this was going, and called in sick to work. There was just no way I was in any condition to leave my bedroom/bathroom, let alone the house. I didn’t bother to take any of my medications, as I wasn’t even keeping water down. So why throw away money like that? Besides, one day of no thyroid or anti-depressants wasn’t going to make much of an impact.

Spent all day Thursday, sleeping and trying not to die.
No coffee at all.
No cigarettes.
Severely dehydrated.

Thankfully, I had Friday off. I spent the day slowly recovering. Eating a tiny bit here and here. Focusing on drinking water and gatoraid. And lots more sleeping. And had the mother of all headaches all day long from caffeine and nicotine withdrawal and severe dehydration.

I came in to work on Saturday to see that Dustin had moved all my story time stuff – which to be fair, he had to do the Preschool story time on Thursday – and somehow my cart is gone? That I had all my story time stuff on. AND he left me a fucking to do list. Like, are you shitting me?

He is lucky he wasn’t working that day. I’m working very hard to NOT be a dick. And to not take everything as a need for confrontation. And that he isn’t being a total condescending ass. But that is getting so hard to do. And I was seriously NOT in the mood to deal with that bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment