Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Elevating the Self

written: February 24

I am going to get back into the habit of daily writing.  I just feel like I'm breezing through life right now, but am not grounded in it.  Journaling helps me ground.  Helps me to really stop and look and experience my life.

I'm also working on Elevating My Self Worth as well.  I need to take better care of myself.  Last night, Aesa mentioned changing the way she thought about exercise.  She said that bodies are MADE to move, so she's looking at exercise as a way to celebrate her body and movement.  That really resonated with a flash of insight I had in the shower before heading to Coven Class -- that I need to celebrate my body more.  I need to express my own worth more in taking better care of my body and my Self.  I chuckled because it reminded me of Luciferianism/Satanism -- the Elevation of Self -- the taking Pride in one's Self.  So yeah, that's where I'm headed.

And it's a good time to kick these things into motion, as last night was the New Moon.  The perfect time to set intentions for the lunar cycle.  So yeah, this lunar cycle, I will be putting myself first in a lot of things.  I will make self Care a priority and will be choosing to focus on things that make me feel better.

Started that off today with some coloring in my BuJo (I did a pixel art of shamrocks).  I also took Josey pup for a short walk.  We both need more of that in our lives.  So the plan for that is to walk her every day, at least a short walk.  I can definitely do that on Monday mornings before I head into work.  And the rest of the time, I'm home by 6:30 usually, so we can squeeze in a short walk once I get home and before I feed her dinner.  In March, I'll be adding yoga back into my routine.  I really liked the daily yoga challenge I did last year with the Yoga by Adriene, so I'll begin that again.  

I've been feeding myself the myth that I "don't have the time" to do these things.  Yes I do.  I just have to choose those over playing Uno on Facebook.  Over sitting and zoning out on Facebook.  True, my free time has been drastically cut due to working full time now, but I still have free time that I'm just frittering away on nothing substantial.  

And I definitely want to do more work in my Witch's Journal.  I've sketched out some page ideas, but haven't done anything beyond that.  I want to keep better records of the Coven rituals as well, and that will certainly go in this journal.  My Initiation is rapidly approaching, and I know I will want to write that stuff down.  It's an all day thing, but I'm seriously excited and looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment