Monday, November 21, 2016

12 Years

Today marks my 12th anniversary of joining my Journal Writing group.

Waaaaaaaaay back then, it was a Yahoo Group (how many people remember these?) and I was looking for other people who journal…for inspiration for keeping a journal.

I’ve been a journal writer off and on for a long time. The oldest journal I have, I started in 1996.

I thought this group would just be a source of journal prompts and what not.
Boy was I WRONG!

This group turned out to be some of the most awesome and amazing people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Warm and inviting, humorous and witty, deep-thinkers, jokers, and highly creative. And I am deeply grateful that they welcomed me with open arms.

Thus far, I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting one of these awesome people in person. But I have high hopes of meeting a few more.

So thank you to this amazing group that saw me through some of the most dark, dangerous, bat-shit crazy times, and encouraged me to stand up for myself, dive into my own creativity, and nurtured my lil pagan soul (regardless of their own personal Faith). I love you guys more than I can EVER say.

P.S. It was this group that threw me and Gloria together and hatched out the Buttprints in the Snow plan. Again, Gloria, I’m sorry it took me so long to get my own buttprint done, but I’m glad to be able to say I’ve done it my friend. I can only imagine the antics you are creating in the after life, getting the stage set up for the rest of us, when it’s time for us to join ya.

1 comment: