Friday, September 23, 2016

Thankful Thursday on a Friday

I am thankful…
1.    Blessed Mabon and a good ritual…even if Josey was utterly terrified of my shadow for the beginning of the ritual.  ::laughs::
2.    That Chelsea is finally gone from my campus.  I don’t have to deal with her bullshit anymore and while I wish she was completely gone, I will celebrate my victory all the same.
3.    Spencer, my new aide, seeming to be a good fit for the campus.  He’s super socially awkward, but seems keen to learn, so I can totally work with that.  I have high hopes.
4.    Finally trying out my new fountain pen (Nemosine Singularity, medium nib) and a handful of ink samples.  I’ll stick to fine points from now on, but this should be a good pen to play around with some of the shimmering inks.
5.    I am STILL receiving positive feedback from the class I taught over “documentation” at our after school program’s orientation back in August.  And there’s been a growing request from various aides, campus leaders (like myself), and floaters (subs) to present one on other forms of documentation that we use in our program.  So I’m kicking around the idea of approaching the bosses and offering to do this, if it’s something they would like to consider.
6.    Leviathan shed EARLY yesterday morning…maintaining her 5 foot or so measurement.  Love that little serpent!
7.    Donated $25 to the International Exotic Animal Sanctuary yesterday during North Texas Giving Day – all donations are matched in kind on that day.
8.    All the awesome artwork my students make for me.  ::laughs::  It’s amazing their level of creativity.
9.    The recipe for Venison Chili Cheese Dip that I made last night – even if I substituted ground turkey for ground venison.  It’s still amazing to eat!
10.    A huge sleepy pit bull that loves to sleep curled up in my lap each evening as my husband and I watch season 6 of The Walking Dead.  Even if her heavy head typically puts my arm to sleep as she sleep-drools all over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment