Monday, February 29, 2016

Nut Shell

The Harpies are quiet and that typically means whatever they were chattering about is right around the corner…if not already in my lap.

And I think I have figured out what they were chattering about…trying to warn me some big shift was coming…something that would change my world in some way.

In a nutshell (and you’ll see how accurate that word truly is) – it’s Hazel.

She is batshit crazy and clingy and all things that typically make me run screaming in the other direction as fast and as hard as I can go.

So she invited my husband and me out to Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday to watch the UFC Fight Card with her and her husband, Dallas.  Dallas is a huge UFC fan, as am I and it’s something we’ve discussed the few times I’ve interacted with him.  So I accepted and loaded up the Hubs and headed over to hang out at a bar and watch the fights. 

And it all went downhill FAST.

To sum it up (because I don’t want to hash out every tiny detail here):
·         Hazel practically begged my husband to never forbid me to hang out with her because we are “soul mates” and the “best of friends” – I’ve know this chic since December and we’ve only hung out a handful of times.  There is no way I can be that important to her life already.
·         She wanted to take a selfie of her and me because “all her online friends utterly hate me and this will just fuck them up”.  Seriously?  Who does this other than middle school people?
·         She asked me for pointers on oral sex – specifically swallowing – loud enough that everyone around us could hear it OVER the various sports on TV. 
·         She kept talking shit during the fight about the fighters – again, loud enough that it was a real concern we’d get kicked out for it.
·         She suggested we have a slumber party.  For reals.
·         She said that she just wants to come hang out at my apartment (I never once said this was an option…my husband and I guard our home very jealously, and are HIGHLY selected of whom we will allow in) to hang out and snuggle. 
·         She made my husband extremely uncomfortable by suggesting we go on “couple dates” with her and her husband….and then made it a point to really invade his personal space while talking.  Her boobs were practically touching his chest when she was talking to him, she was that close.  And he kept backing up and she kept moving forward.
·         She has made business cards for our lil Pagan group and then decided to invite our waitress to the group based solely on the fact that our waitress is a lesbian.  Just because someone is a lesbian, does NOT make them Pagan.  It just smacked too much of Christianity’s push to convert people for me to EVER be ok with it.

It was just a bad night all around.  SEVEN hours of this.  And at the end, she was mouthing off so bad, everyone would continuously look over at us about it.  And anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I utterly HATE being the center of attention.  And when that attention is borderline hostile AND from various groups of males?  I can’t handle that.  I was so glad to leave.

I was supposed to go to her place on Sunday afternoon for making these Marti bracelets, but after all of that?  There was no way I could do it.  I was literally getting SICK just thinking about going over there.  And that’s when the Harpies got real quiet.  When they stop chattering it’s because they are waiting to see what my next move is.

And I chose not to go.  I couldn’t go back into that after all the shit that went down Saturday night.  It just made me so damn uncomfortable.  So instead, I’ll be making the Marti bracelets for the Hubs and I myself.  Alone.  At my own altar.  In my own sacred space. 

And now, I’m questioning my involvement with the group.  I know for sure, I will NOT be stepping up as Priestess.  I have too much already on my plate just trying to keep my head above water with school work and WORK.  I don’t need to take on any outside insanity right now.

Honestly, I think I’ll be stepping back from the group a bit right now anyways.  I need to do some meditation and go talk with the Harpies and see what they are willing to say.  

Updated:  Totally forgot this GEM from that night as well:
Her randomly shouting out how much she hates "fucking white people" (she's Hispanic) and how she hates the British (one of the fighters was British) and their "fucking Centralized Banking System" -- I shit you not.  Like, legit batshit crazy shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment