Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hands Off

So I’ve practically physically threatened my 4th superior today in my history here at Starbucks. Granted, the first superior didn’t realize how close I was to punching him, but hey, I still count it.

Anyways, our Assistant Manager-In-Training has a horrible case of the Touchy-Feely sort. And it’s not just me she likes to touch. And it’s a creepy as touch. She’ll slide her hand across the small of my back. Gah. Just talking about it makes my skin crawl.

At first, I thought it was just me. I’m odd, I know this. I do not like to be touched. That’s something reserved for lovers, close friends, and certain family members. Everyone else should remain hands completely off unless absolutely necessary.

Like, my coworker Lauren at Starbucks will put her hand on my upper back when she’s walking behind me. But it’s a firm, hey I’m here, so don’t run me over type of touch and as soon as she’s out of the way, she removes her hand immediately. That type of touch, I’m completely ok with.

But, Christina, my ASM in-training? It’s almost a caress. And it’s always in zones that while not truly sexual in nature, they are more off-limits in my opinion than the aforementioned back touch, or a shoulder touch.

Today, Christina was behind me while I was putting some lids up for the people making the drinks. She opted to slide both of her hands on either of my hips to ‘guide me out of the way”. She didn’t even announce that she was behind me, so this came completely out of the blue. I whirled around on her and had my hand cocked and ready to punch and stated “Don’t. Touch. Me.”

Luckily she immediately backed off and I practically fled to the back of the store to calm myself back down. Lauren came and checked on me, and I explained to her what had me so riled up and she told me every other coworker of ours has the same complaint about Christina.

I’ve already asked her not to touch me. So this really pissed me off. Now, granted, Christina did apologize shortly afterwards, but I made it a point to just avoid her as best I could.
I don’t sugar coat shit. I’ve notorious for speaking my mind and being almost brutally blunt. So I don’t understand after the first time I said “Hey, I don’t really like being touched. Please stop”, how the point was missed.

I mean, that’s pretty damn clear. I obviously do not want to be touched, now or in the future, so keep your caresses to yourself. And I’m not the only one to say this to her.

I seriously need to transfer out of this damn store....though, I’m not sure it’s just a problem at my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment