Saturday, May 9, 2015

Giddy

Oh I’m a happy little SheWolf right now. ::smiles::

Anyone who knows me, knows of my adoration (borderline obsessiveness) with the various Native/Indigenous cultures around the world. And across the planet, the drum has always had special meaning and I’ve coveted one for ages now.

But damn, the prices on the good ones? We’re talking $300 or MORE. That is just wayyyyyyy out of my price range.

BUT. A group I’m a member of on MeetUp is offering a drum making CLASS. They’re supplying all the drum-making supplies, plus dye for coloring the leather that makes the drum head and supplies for making a drum beater. I just choose the size and shape I want.

So I signed up. I know…me doing something SOCIAL. In a place I’ve NEVER gone to before. Doing something I’ve NEVER done before. Usually that would send me screaming in the other direction, but I can’t pass up the opportunity to learn how to make my own drum, dye the hide the color I want, and to finally have my own drum for spiritual practices....for a scant $55. Seriously. It can’t get any better than that.

I’m opting for the 10 inch round drum. I don’t think I need anything bigger than that for apartment living. And I’ll only be drumming for myself. So 10 sounds good to me. And most likely I’ll be dying it a nice, rich red color. ::smiles::

I’m damn near giddy over this. I’ve just got to pay for my supplies/class by the 22nd and then the class is on the 31st. It will be nice to break in that drum (plus bless and dedicate it) on the Full Moon (June 2nd) and to use it in a Midsummer/Litha ritual later on that month. ::smiles::

Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment