Saturday, February 28, 2015

Death of Loyalty

Once again, I am reminded why I have absolutely no sense of loyalty to my job at Starbucks. And if it wasn’t for the insanely awesome coworkers I have there, I would have walked out on that job ages ago.

I am supposed to work tomorrow 7 am to 11 am. But the timing belt on my car died. So it’s in the shop. I’ve been calling around, trying to find someone to cover my shift.

As a last ditch effort, I text Darell (my boss), as he’s not working tomorrow, in the very slim hope he’d take the measly four hour shift.

Instead, I got bitched out for texting him on his day off. I got bitched out for asking him to cover my shift on his other day off. (Like I know when his days off are. The schedule simply said he wasn’t working that day, NOT that he was unavailable.) And then he told me “This is your problem. You fix it.” And hung up on me.

And I know my greatest flaw is my knee-jerk reaction to behavior like this. At this point, I will not go in that shift, even if I were to magically have my car back in time (which isn’t even in the realm of possibilities). I will not tolerate being spoken to like that. And to me, going in at this point is telling Darell that I accept this type of behavior. And I won’t.

Blame it on my Scottish blood. Blame it on my Scorpio birthsign. Blame it on the mental/verbal abuse/manipulation by my psycho Ex. Whatever.

I will NOT tolerate that.

And he’s lucky I didn’t go with that initial knee jerk reaction and call him back and tell him where he could stuff this problem, along with the damn job.

I have at least learned that type of restraint.

So yeah. My days at Starbucks are numbered. I won’t put up with much more of this shit. And add to that just about every single coworker that I adore working with, now works evenings, so I’m not even working with them? Yeah, that loyalty is dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment