Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Like a Ping Pong Ball


It's amazing all the things I remember once I've already jumped headlong into something.
Like the fact that while I'm doing the 365 Photo Challenge...my writing falls to the wayside.

Both jobs are going well.
I finally finished up the 20 on-line courses for the morning job.  That took more than a minute to do....but it's all on the clock, so that will be a nice boost to my paycheck when I finally get it.
Afternoon job is good.  The kids are good.  The staff is good.  All good stuff.  Man how I missed that job over summer.  I wish it was a year-round gig.  Eh, no sense in wishing for what cannot be.  I just need to be smart with my spending and saving so that summer doesn't wipe me and my husband out again.

I've been playing with my meds again.  I couldn't afford to get the Depakote refilled.
And it's not like it's really working all that well anyways.  That's why I'm also on Geodon.
So I stopped taking the Depakote and my depression is GONE.  I still will sleep 20 hours if given the opportunity, but I think that's because the week just wears me out.  I need the extra sleep.  On just the Geodon, I'm feeling a bit of creative stirring (something that I've been sorely lacking in the last 6 months).  I go see the super shrink on the 27th and I plan to let him know I'm not on the Depakote and haven't been on it for almost 2 months (at that point) and that I have no intentions of going back on it either.  I don't even know why he still has me on it.  *shrugs*  We'll see how that all plays out.

David got tired of me having the occasional cigarette.  So he bought me an e-cigarette.  Once I start getting paychecks, I plan to buy the fluid that has no nicotine so I won't have that issue.  It would be horrible to get addicted on the e-cigarette!  *laughs*  I have the Irish Cream flavor now, but plan to pick up Angel Wings (smells like cotton candy) when I have money in the bank.

Hard to believe that in 2 days Leviathan turns 7 years old!  SEVEN!  Wow.  Where has the time gone!  Hopefully she'll live another 18 years and hit the maximum age.  I love that lil serpent.  She makes my heart happy.

Dreamt the other night of a weretiger with a snake tattooed on his right shoulder and of a tropical island I was protecting.  He lived on the island and I had to prove to him I wasn't with the people that were trying to cut down the forest.  A fairly interesting dream. 

David's birthday is in 9 days.  I need to email the cookie lady and make sure we're on schedule for his fancy Batman cookies.  And I need to run to the dollar store and pick up balloons and streamers.  I plan to decorate his doorway for his birthday.  I don't have a ton of money, so I can't get him a whole lot, but I do plan to do whatever I can to make it a special day for him.

Saturday night we sat up until 6 am talking.  Hashing out a lot of things and talking about the future.  He's been a lot more loving and I just adore that. 

We've been hit hard financially, but we're slowly making a come back. 
His job is changing.  It's going BACK to just support, which he LOVES doing, so that's a good thing.  And he has the potential to make a bit more money, and that's always a good thing.

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not, and I'm too lazy to go searching....
My mom's offered to fly us up to see David's parents as a Christmas present to us both.  Very cool of her.  I've only met David's parents once and that was 3 years ago.  So now we're just waiting for David to have the time off and then we're going.  We're looking at December/January as possible times to go.  David's super excited about seeing them again.  We'd go tomorrow if he had the time off.  *chuckles*  But by December, he'll have the time, and we'll just pick a weekend to go.  We're planning to fly out on a Friday and come back on a Monday, that way we won't miss as much work but have time to really visit. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment