Thursday, June 6, 2013

Like a Bouncy Ball

This is going to be a whole mess of stuff, so excuse me for jumping from topic to topic.  Hope ya can follow my trail of madness.

HURRAY THE SCHOOL YEAR IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!! And we all survived it.  That is a huge feat, given how psycho some of the parents are. 
Today was also Natalie's last day (she's going to Texas Tech in the Fall, so won't be working with us anymore).  She was sweet and gave me a $20 Starbucks giftcard (because everyone knows of my serious addiction) for being such an awesome boss.  This is what she wrote on the lil card which totally made my day:
"You truly have been the greatest boss and I have enjoyed working for you and with you.  Thanks for everything!  I'll miss you!"
Awww, it's nice to know my awesomeness is recognized.  *laughs*  But seriously, ego-stroking aside, Natalie is my top notch employee and I REALLY hate to see her go.  But I know Tech is gonna be awesome for her, so I wish her all the best.

She's not leaving until closer to the start of the semester, so we do have plans to hang out a few times before then.  And this is something I actually see myself following through on.  She's just that awesome. 

Changing gears -- Leviathan shed last night.  She got tired about half way through, so I got to help her the rest of the way.  Which was so friggin' awesome.  Yeah, yeah, I know I'm weird.  Who else would get giddy over helping a snake shed?  *laughs*  Anyways, the great news is that this is the first shed since Project Mite Annihilation, and I'm THRILLED to report that her eyes are back to normal.  Talk about a HUGE weight off of my shoulders, as her eyes were TERRIBLE.  And I felt like a horrid snake mommy.  But she's all good.  And I'm going to make sure to do the 2nd round of Project Mite Annihilation at the end of this month to make sure those lil bastards stay gone.  I plan to write a letter to LLL Reptile (that's who I got the Annihilation plans AND chemical warfare agents from) and express my gratitude.  I'm THAT relieved.  That $30 was worth every penny.  And I've got a ton left over, so I may treat for the next 3 months, just to make super sure the mites are gone.  They had me so worried about my little snake.  I'm very attached to her.

In 4 months, Leviathan turns SEVEN.  I can hardly believe that.  And if I take good care of her, I could easily have her for another 7 to 18 years (18, if she hits the maximum age for a corn snake).  So now that she's all healthy again, expect good photos soon, so I can show off her beauty some more.  Such a pretty lavender snake.

Speaking of her hatch-day coming up -- I call it her hatch-day because she was hatched, not born, so she can't have a birthday -- I'll continue my practice of making a photocard collage of her photos from this year and send them out.  If you want one, leave your address for me, and I'll add ya to the list!  And, no, I won't be offended if you aren't interested.  I know snakes aren't everyone's favorite critters.  Even though they are awesome, in my not-so-humble-opinion.

Rune class this weekend.  I'm looking forward to it, even though my attention to the Runes has lagged here recently.  But most of the Coven should be able to make it, which will be nice. 

So I've got the next 5 days off and then it's to work at the Summer Camp.  I wish I could take this summer off, but hopefully this will be the last summer I have to work.  I'm registered to take my Teacher Test on July 6th.  I'm freaking out a bit about it, but I'll be ok.  I need to review the math again, and look over social studies.  Those were the two areas I did the poorest on the practice test.  And I should probably look over the test material again too, while I'm at it. 

Since I'm working the mornings for the Summer Camp, I'll have my afternoons free.  I plan to walk Holly, do some studying, and then some working out.  I've seriously got to try to slim down.  And not just for Logan's wedding.  I'm tipping the scales at just over 200 pounds -- my heaviest ever and I can feel it in my body.  I'm sluggish and both knees ache.  I'd like to be down to 170 by the end of the year.  But more than that, I'd like to be a size 10 or less once again.  I'm forgoing the elliptical, as it is really making my knees ache now.  Instead, I have a walking/exercising dvd that my mom bought me, and then a handful of weight-lifting exercises to do.  Oh, and I'll toss in the physical therapy exercises too, because I need to build up the strength in my knee again before I can add in the elliptical again.  I'm hoping to walk Holly twice a day, since they'll be short walks due to the heat. 

I'm thinking of turning my last credit card over to my debt consolidation program.  I'm tired of having that weight around my neck, just dragging me down.  Hell, I'm tired of my spending habits dragging me down.  Luckily the meds are helping with a lot of that.  The insane impulse buys are gone.  But boy am I paying for those years I spent unmedicated with a high spending limit on my credit cards.  *shakes her head*  But, ya live and ya learn.  I'm taking the steps to get that all ironed out, and am learning from my mistakes.  Can't ask for much more than that.

*scampers off*

No comments:

Post a Comment