Monday, June 10, 2013

Crying for a Vision


The pull to do another Vision Quest has come on me very suddenly and very strongly.
I feel the desire to return to New Mexico and sit out on the mountain for 3 days and 3 nights.
Hell, I don't even have to go to New Mexico.  My mom's got land that could easily be used for this.  Though, I would have to worry about the wild hogs.  Those guys wouldn't be fun to run into.

I feel so out of touch with today's world.  All the technology, that I do love, bores me now. 

So much is changing for me spiritually.

A god has finally appeared, after 18 years of silence.  And honestly, the one that has come calling doesn't surprise me at all.  Cernunnos, the antlered god of the wild beasts is laying claim to me.  And honestly, I'm excited at the prospect.  That surprises me. 

Christianity left a very bad taste in my mouth and I've run as far and as fast as I could from the male divinity.  I've been a goddess worshipper long now that I was ever a Christian.  And so, to have me accept a god....well, that's a little shocking to be honest.  But maybe this will bring the needed balance back into my life. 

But back to the Vision Quest.
I've decided that I'm going to do one for my 35th birthday. 
Sadly, the medicine man that I did my first Quest with doesn't do them any more.  But maybe I can find another.  And even if I can't....I can do one out on my Mom's land.  A phone and a gun, and I should be fine.  *laughs*  The downside to doing it on my Mom's land is that I don't have a medicine man there for the spiritual protection and I wouldn't have the beginning and ending Sweat Lodges.

I'm off to do more research on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment