Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bothersome People *Edit*

I get so tired of "concerned" Christians warning me I'm messing with demons or devils...or that I'm damning my soul because I refuse to follow their narrow path of what they believe is right. 

Don't get me wrong, I know that these friends mean well.  They are concerned with what I'm doing.  But geez, let's find a NEW thing to say, ok? 

So let me clear the air:

I don't worship the Christian Devil.  Never met him.  Never invoked him.  Never worked with him in ANY ritual I've performed or been a part of.  The Christian Devil is just that, a CHRISTIAN "deity" (now I know that I'll get some flack on that, but honestly, he's like a demi-god).

The Vision Quest doesn't open me up to demonic influences any more than a Catholic mass does.  It puts me in touch with the Creator and my inner Self.  Nothing demonic there.

Just because my god has antlers doesn't mean He's Satan.
And just because my goddess has a lioness's head doesn't mean She's demonic either.  Though, She did almost destroy humanity once upon a time....but that was at Ra's request.  *chuckles*

I get that Christian believe that anyone who isn't Christian won't get into heaven (though the Pope has stated now that if you live a virtuous life, regardless of faith, or no faith, you get in), but please, stop trying to convert me.  I left Christianity of my own choice 18 years ago.  And I'm doing just fine.  Live and let live already.  Stop trying to bring me back into the flock.  I'm a Wolf.  Let's leave it at that.  Don't try to convert me and I won't eat you.  I'll stick with deer and whatnot, instead, ok?

~*~*~Edit~*~*~
I figured out why this bothers me so much and I've found the words to properly explain it.
I had a wonderful, spiritual encounter with a deity.  And now someone wants to equate it to demons.  I mean, how insulting is that?  Even if you meant well, you are shitting all over my beautiful spiritual experience.  You are discounting my faith and my beliefs and superimposing your own on it and branding it evil.  Can you understand why I would be so upset?

No comments:

Post a Comment