Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blessed Samhain


ART: Mystical Mist, Fallow Deer
ARTIST: Mark Smith

Told you Deer is popping up in my life currently.

Blessed Samhain.  This is the night to pay respects to those who have Gone Before us.  Our Ancestors.  The Veil between this world and the afterlife is thin and spirits pass freely.

More and more I feel my own soul slowing waking back up.  It's like a bear just beginning to awaken from hibernation.  Lots of stretching needed and lots of nourishment.  But I'm getting there.

Tonight, I decided that since it's Samhain, one of my favorite Sabbats, and close to the full moon, it was the perfect night to bless, cleanse, consecrate, and dedicate my athame.



A nice, quick ritual.  I even used the red and gold flamed kimono robe that Jennifer made for me ages ago.  I loved it.

So my hefty blade has now been blessed and is ready to go.  I can't wait to really start using him in a variety of personal rituals. 

I have plans on how I want to make his sheath.  I've decided that honestly, I need to be the person to make it.  I keep wanting to get other people to do the sheath or the beading.  But honestly, I know I am the one who needs to do it.  I'm just nervous I'm going to screw it up.  Just gotta trust in the process and know it will turn out just fine in the end.  *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment