Monday, October 29, 2012

Lil Hawk

Art from: faelands
 

I've always been fascinated with women with antlers.  Just love the way it looks.  I'd love to have my own antler headdress/crown.  One of these days....

Awesome thing happened on the way home today.
As I pulled up to the four way stop by my apartment, I noticed a Sharp-shinned Hawk perched on the lamp post.  For me, Autumn is ruled by the Hawks, as that's when I really begin seeing them again.
So I'm sitting at this four way stop, waiting for the other two people to go when the Hawk drops down from the lamp post and flies straight at my windshield.
I'm talking, I'm eye level with this bird. 
And right when I think she's going to smash into my windshield, she subtly shifts her wings and soars a mere 6 inches over my car.
Talk about impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment