Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Antlered Crown


Art from: Running Blind
 

I know. 
Another Antlered Woman.
I warned you (in a previous post) that I love these images. 
Not sure why.  Just the heathen woman in me.

Antlers are a symbol of power, of might, of strength.
They are the weapons of PREY creatures.
Deer can fend off wolves with these.
So even the meek can be POWERFUL.
That's what antlers mean to me.

I get exhausted....trying to be a Predator all the time.
Being Strong.
Being Powerful.
Being Forceful.
Being Commanding.
Dominating.  Controlling.  In Control.

It's exhausting

While I do link with predatory animals the most.....wolves, harpy eagles, venomous snakes, polar bears....
The deer has always held a special place in my heart too.

Gentle....it walks softly....almost caressing the earth beneath its hooves.
Big, deep, soft brown eyes of liquid understanding and compassion.
Velveteen nose.
Slender, graceful hooves and legs.

And in flight?  Racing through the brush and meadow?  Poetry in motion!

But don't let that gentle demeanor fool you.
Don't buy whole-heartedly into that illusion.
Those dainty lil hooves can crack bone...even skulls.
And those antlers can tear even the fiercest predator to ribbons.

The Antlered Woman is all of that embodied.
Gentle, kind, graceful.
Yet poised, powerful, and dangerous.
All in the same breath.

A true embodiment of Yin and Yang.
Exactly what an enlightened woman is.

That's what I'm striving towards.
To earn my own Antlered Crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment