Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scary...and Some Goals


My dear on-line buddy, April, shared this on FaceBook today and it just really grabbed me by the throat and demanded I wake up.

I am terrible about looking for a job that has nothing to do with what I love in life (aka me looking into going into the Pharmacy field) because I'll make more money that I'm currently making.  It's not that I think I'll loathe working in the Pharmacy field...in fact, I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy myself...but it has nothing to do with my big passions in life -- namely animals and photography.

I tell myself I'll make all this money.
And I'll get out of debt.
And THEN I'll get to pursue my photography/travel dreams.

And yet, I know I would be filled with regret if I were to die tomorrow, because I didn't pursue my dreams swiftly enough.

I'm letting my fear of getting out of child care (I'm beyond comfortable in my current job, it just doesn't allow me to make enough money) holding me back from pursuing BETTER.

And I deserve BETTER.

I deserve a job that is rewarding, enriching, that pays more than just my bills, AND that allows me actually get ahead.
I deserve to have the money needed to pursue my dreams.

I deserve return trips to Wolf Park.
I deserve to see wolves in the wild.
I deserve my polar bear trip.

And I deserve all of this long before I turn 40.

So my goals:
  • update resume by Sunday
  • apply for AT LEAST 10 pharmacy tech-in-training positions by Mabon (Sept 22nd)
  • blow any and all interviews out of the water to show them what an amazing person I am and will be for that position
And non-career goals:
  • continue nightly meditations
  • elliptical time (got to get my knee back to health)
  • take care of myself physically
  • no more Sprite at work...drink WATER

And I feel that's a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment