Friday, November 13, 2020

Catching Up

Let’s see, it’s time to play catch-up once more.

Oil
Fiery Wall of Protection oil looks AMAZING now. She’s taken on this gorgeous red hue.

20201113_143613

My lil bottles have arrived, and I’ve already sold THREE bottles. I’m so stoked. I have a feeling I should make this oil again soon, as I made it in a smaller jar than I’ve made my previous oils. I also need to type up my notes and get it finalized. This oil is nice and potent. When I was filling up the three bottles for a friend, I could FEEL the bottles heating up. I’m usually energy “deaf”, but I could feel my hands and the bottles literally getting HOT as I filled up each bottle. AWESOME. I’m super excited about this.

Husband’s Job
Last Friday, the company my husband works for, I’ll call it Company A, was bought out by Company B. This meant my husband was laid off. BUT, Company B brought him on immediately, to do the same job, at the same position, for the same pay. He also got to keep all of his current PTO and is getting a sign on bonus.

The kicker was that he had paperwork that he needed me to print out and bring home to him. Then he needed to sign it and get it emailed back to Company B. The sooner the better to ensure he got the sign on bonus. So I went up to work to scan husband’s paperwork.

Tire
I apparently picked up a nail or screw when I was up at work. It completely deflated my tire. I mean, flat as a damn pancake. ::sighs:: So Monday, I took my husband’s car to work.

Birthday
My birthday was Tuesday, and I had the day off. The ORIGINAL plan was to go to the zoo, but seeing as I had a completely flat tire, that was off the table. Instead, I went over to Discount Tire and got a brand new tire. Luckily, my tires are still under warranty, so it only cost me $16.50. Woohoo. Not too shabby.

The Rear-Ending
As I drove home from Discount Tire, I was waiting for the traffic to begin moving at a light that had just turned green. I happened to look up into my rear view mirror and saw this white car just barreling towards me. I’m in the middle lane with a massive truck in front of me. Nowhere to go. I was thinking to myself, “I do NOT want to start off my final year in my 30s in the fucking hospital.” Luckily, the car swerves into the left lane, clipping my car instead of full on hitting me. But yeah....merry fucking happy birthday to me:

20201110_143131

Of course, when I get home, the last thing I want to do is leave the fucking house, so we opt to order Dominos and stay in. I get a lovely phone call from my brother with Lil Nephew, Lil Niece, and Littlest Niece to wish me a happy birthday. Plus my mom had called earlier in the day to sing me happy birthday. And I got tons of birthday well wishes on Facebook, so it wasn’t an overall terrible day. But yeah, was NOT leaving the house. ::chuckles::

I call work and tell them I won’t be in the next day (Wednesday), as I’m sore and will be playing with insurance companies all day to see what to do about my poor car.

Belated Birthday Dinner
Husband suggested we go to Red Lobster Wednesday for dessert. We end up just eating a nice meal. And we kept up our tradition of kissing on the veranda. We just did it 2020-style:

124611787_4097215493638586_4206335991588510884_o

Car Repairs
It took a while, but they FINALLY got the claim released to the place I’m getting my car repaired at today. I’ll be dropping my car off on Monday, bright and early at 8:15 am. The insurance is also paying for a rental car. It should be at the repair place at 9 am (the earliest they could be there). I figure I will have to fill out some paperwork anyways and don’t mind waiting at that point.

Since I spent almost ALL of today on the phone with the insurance company AND the car rental place to get all of this squared away. And I still want to verify the car rental – hopefully I can do that online and won’t have to call. I’ll check that shortly so that if I DO have to call, I can get that done tomorrow before noon.

Reward
So as a reward for doing all the damn Adulting today and all the phone calls (I HATE talking on the phone), I have treated myself to a trip to the Zoo on Sunday. Their COVID-19 protocol requires you to buy the ticket in advanced, so I’ve already bought it. And I’ll print it at work tomorrow, and then go to the Zoo on Sunday. I’m excited about that. Can’t wait. I can’t remember the last time I was at the zoo. I need some photography and animal therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment