Thursday, September 3, 2020

Breaking Point

So yeah, this week shall hence forth be known as The Week that Wolfie Just Could NOT Get Her Shit Together.

Yeah, so apparently, I turned my alarm OFF this morning when I meant to snooze it.  led to me waking up an HOUR after I should have.  ::grumbles::  And then, of course, on the way to work, I realized, I forgot I needed to fill up my car.  Fuck my life.  So yeah, had to stop and do that before getting to work as well.  Oh well, made it there in time to still do my part of the virtual storytime (I do the puppets and the music), so it all worked out.  And honestly, I was pretty damn productive all things considered.  So I at least had THAT going for me today.

Finally had the talk with Dustin about the measuring and respacing of all of youth fiction.  I was against it because fiction fluctuates sooooo much throughout the damn DAY that the measurements would be useless in a few hours.  He said he was planning to do the measuring and all of that.  ::unamused face::  Yeah, ya could have fucking told me that.  But, he’s since decided that we’re going to push that project to December instead of trying to tackle it this month.

And then he asked if I had gotten started on the Awards Book project I had come up with.  Basically, two of award books actually have a designation in our catalog.  The rest just say “award book”, so you have to hunt through FIVE other sections to try to find the damn book.  So I thought it would be useful to actually have designations for all of the different awards.  And I would like to do the same for the holiday books, seeing as how we have just “holiday books” in the catalog, but have them broken out into generic holidays, Jewish holidays, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. 

So I went through and figured out what designations we already have and what we would need.  And I emailed him, asking who I would talk to about getting the new designations added to the catalog (so that I could then go through our collection, one by one, and change the books over to their correct designation). Yeah, he said he would get back to me when he found out, but that there was a chance the person who does that might say no.

So like, how the FUCK was I supposed to have started on this if you are gatekeeping all the goddamn information??????  Dude, I friggin’ wanted to just scream right then.  Like, stop hoarding all the information, but somehow expecting me to do these projects without it, and then being shocked that I haven’t even started on it. 

::deep breath::  I just keep telling myself, today was the last day I have to see him for a while.  I’m off tomorrow and then on Saturday, he goes on vacation for an ENTIRE WEEK.  An entire blessed week free of him and this bullshit.  Man, I can’t even begin to imagine how friggin’ blissful this shit is going to be!  And the director is going to be back on Monday.  I’m thinking I may have a little chat with her about Dustin hoarding all the info and having these crazy expectations and I’m just really struggling here with everything.  I dunno.  We’ll see how I’m feeling by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment