Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Busting Through Writer's Block



Man, I have a serious case of writer’s block that I really, really, REALLY need to get past.  Next month is the 2nd round of NaJoWritMo for 2016.  And given than I’m doing two grad classes (one of which is kicking my ass three ways to Sunday), I will only being going for the “beginner level” challenge – simply write something every day.  Not to mention that I’m supposed to be doing that anyways, as one of my 34 Goals for my 34th year.

Today is Day 3 of my unpleasant headache.  It behaves in every way like a migraine….just isn’t quite to that level of pain that I associate with migraines.  The areas that hurt and the sensitivity to light and sound all behave like a migraine…it’s like the volume is turned down on it though.  So I’m not complaining regarding the pain level…just that it won’t go away.

Today, terrorists struck Brussels.  Thirty dead and 230 injured.  I’m tired of all the fear and the hatred that sparks these types of attacks.

And I’m tired of the people who say “One day, Jesus will bring justice. It will be swift, it will be terrible, & it will be relentless” (said by a former coworker of mine).  And it just irks the holy shit out of me.  It reminds me of the New Agers that want to blame everything negative in their life on “negative entities” or some cosmic alignment.  To me, it just smacks of passing the buck.  It’s passing any and all responsibility or involvement off, because something else is to blame…or something else is going to step in and take care of it all.  Maybe I just don’t like the idea of something else having that much power over me?

No comments:

Post a Comment