Thursday, September 10, 2015

Super Sneaky, Eeyore, and Addiction

Welp. Super Sneaky Project: The Original is winding down. I shipped it out today. Now it’s just the waiting game. Once it’s landed and the person is successfully happy, I can write about it in great detail.

And just between you and me, I can’t wait for it to arrive for reasons other than the sheer awesomeness that it is. Don’t get me wrong, it’s seriously awesome and I’m stoked that I could band enough people together to accomplish Said Awesomeness.....

Buuuuuuut, one of those people, I had to friend on Facebook while getting this project done. And oh my god, talk about a super negative, whiny ass bitch!

Reminds me of the Eeyore that I worked with over summer. The whole woe-is-me, my-life-just-UTTERLY-sucks......but-I’m-not-going-to-ATTEMPT-to-DO-a-DAMN-thing-to-fix-it.
I seriously cannot fucking STAND that type of mentality. So yeah....I LOATHE her so friggin’ much. And once this project is done and is a roaring success, guess who I’m culling off my ‘friends’ list in a HEARTBEAT??

Yeah…that one.

In other news, I am ridiculously addicted to genealogy.

Yeah…got 737 people on my extended family tree.....and honestly. I stopped adding family information on crazy extended people. ::laughs:: But I can trace direct ancestors back 8 generations now.....oldest that I have was born in 1676 now. Crazy, no?

I came across some Immigration documents on my Ukrainian/Polish great grandparents, but I believe it’s written in Ukrainian, Polish, or Russian…so sadly, I can’t read any of it.

BUT…a previous coworker of mine, Russina, who worked with me at the original Montessori school, IS from Ukraine and she’s graciously agreed to see if she can translate it for me. If she can’t, she should at least be able to tell me what language it is in and then I can go about seeing if I can find someone to translate it. I’m sure it’s just boring Immigration paperwork…but I’m still interested to know what exactly it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment