Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ain't Gonna Rain on my Parade



Yeah, love how a group of people can come together and do something seriously awesome for a common friend....but that drama can erupt so damn easily afterward.

My FaceBook post from a little while ago:

It's amazing the things people will get so butt-hurt over.
I'm VagueBooking here, so feel free to comment or not.
But seriously? If we've been "friends" for over a decade, you would think that one SMALL oversight on my part wouldn't have that "friend" terminating said friendship. And I'm talking, it was a tiny, HONEST mistake, that is ridiculously easy to fix (and HAS been fixed).
I would have thought that 10+ years of "friendship" would have given me a tiny bit of the benefit of the doubt on such a thing.
But apparently I am DEAD wrong. Is that going to ruin my day? NOPE. I've apologized for my oversight. I've fixed said oversight. But you won't find me on my knees begging for forgiveness. That just isn't the way I roll. ::shrugs::

So yeah, now the backstory, that I won't put on FaceBook.

So I was listing all the people who aided in the Super Sneaky Surprise #1 for Ray, and I accidentally left off Kathi's name.  Like, an-honest-to-god oversight on my part. 

So I get an alert in my email about a comment she made:
"I really would have liked to have been included on the list" or something along those lines.  So I click the link to take me to the post so I could double check my error.  She deleted her comment, but I go ahead and fix my error.  Only to be puzzled that I can't link her name.

Turns out, she unfriend-ed me over this.  Talk about shock.  So I accidentally left off your name, it wasn't like I did it on purpose.  And we've been in the same journaling group for almost 11 years now.  Are you kidding me?

I did send her an apology for my oversight.  But I won't beg or grovel over this stupid lil mistake.  I'm sure there are other factors at play here and I know her life isn't the easiest.  ::shakes her head::

The ball is in her court.  I'm hoping that she realizes she blew this out of proportion.  Or, if I've done other things to hurt her, I hope she speaks up and lets me know.  But I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

And the saddest thing about the whole situation? 
I know how I'm wired.  I'm a Scorpio to my core.  Which means, I'm loyal to the very bitter end.....but if you betray me?  Even if I can forgive the betrayal....I never forget.
So even if she apologizes or whatever....I'll never fully trust her again.  And that just sucks.

Sucks that something that was supposed to be a brilliant light of awesomeness, of kindness done for a GREAT friend....has been over shadowed by this petty bullshit.

Oh well.  Ain't going to rain on my parade.  I refuse to let this tiff taint the awesome knowledge/memory of such an awesome gift for Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment