Friday, June 27, 2014

Change in Plans

Never fails. Set down plans and life comes along and throws me a curve ball.

I didn't get to go to the zoo today. A bucket in the highway yesterday took that off the agenda. I hit the bucket doing about 80 miles per hour and now my car is grumbling all about it. It's in the shop currently. Hopefully, it's just a cheap (relatively) and easy fix and not a whole new transmission.
So instead, I decided to purchase myself two books.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I've only read SIX books thus far this year. That's just terrible.

So I decided to pick up two books I've been eying for ages, but just never got around to actually purchasing.  
The Roebuck in the Thicket: An Anthology of the Robert Cochrane Witchcraft Tradition, by Evan John Jones, for some fresh new Pagan reading for myself.
AND  
Unicornis: On the History and Truth of the Unicorn, by Michael Greene, because it looks like an awesome book I read ages and ages ago. I'm hoping it's the same one. Either way, I didn't spend a whole lot on it, so I won't be too disappointed if it isn't.

Those should arrive in the next week or so.

I opted not to go to the Pagan group meeting on Tuesday. I had a migraine late Monday night / EARLY Tuesday morning that put me down for a quite some time. I was just starting to feel human again around 3 pm, so opted to just go ahead and stay home and rest so I could make it in to work the next morning.

And now, I'm debating if I even want to get involved with another Pagan group. I just wish there were groups in Lewisville, so I didn't have to drive a half hour one way to meet up with a group/coven/grove/circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment