Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Crossroads

I find myself at a bit of a crossroads currently.

The local school district that operates my after-school program has a summer technology position open. They're responsible for moving computers onto various campuses and doing some basic programming. It's a Monday through Thursday gig, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm at $10 an hour.

I've got the job, even though I'll miss the first week of working.

The crossroads issue stems from the fact that I have no desire to work 36 hours for the school district and then another 12 or so hours with Starbucks. I have to work a minimum of 12 hours to keep my perks and possible benefits (even though I haven't signed up yet for any benefits through Starbucks). I could possibly cut back to just 6 - 8 hours a week at Starbucks, because this technology gig is just for the summer (June 9th through August 15th). I would need something to supplement that pay and once the school years starts up, I would want to continue working at Starbucks to supplement my after-school program pay.

And I need to have all of this figured out by Friday.

As I sat outside, talking with David about this whole situation and getting his opinion on it, a great horned owl flew over head. I haven't seen an owl in ages, and to have one fly by right as I'm discussing this. Well, I just don't believe in coincidences. I need to do some more thinking on this. I need to look into what owl may have been trying to tell me. And I am getting the pull to use my new Tarot cards on this situation too. Man, tomorrow is going to be busy, with me trying to get all of this figured out, and figuring out my summer employment, plus working at my two jobs. * sighs *

Is it vacation time yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment