Tuesday, June 24, 2014

An Awakening

I played hookie from the technology job today. The feeling of wanting to turn my skin inside out was just too strong. I needed a mental health day that was 100% to myself.

And today couldn't have been any better.

I took Holly for a walk through the wooded trails. It's probably been close to a month since the last time I ran my fingers over the various friend trees I have there, and whispered my personal greetings to each of them.

Each tree is an individual. It has a different energy, a different vibration to it. Man, have I missed them.

With Litha barely behind us, the animals are lazy and sluggish with the heat. Two squirrels slowly made their ways up the trees as we passed....neither climbing higher than my head. If I had wanted, I could have easily reached out and touch them.

A cottontail rabbit moved just enough so not to be seen by Holly, but we locked eyes for a bit. She gave me a wary look, practically begging me not to pursue her. It was hot and she had little desire to run. I honored her request and we moved along.

The red-tailed hawks are nesting in the woods. Mom cried for the father. Guess the little ones are hungry. Or maybe she was tired of sitting on the nest alone and simply wanted some company?

And now, there is a storm brewing. The thunder rumbles, barely aduible. But the wind. My god, the wind gusts and blows. This way and that way. The cotton fluffs of the cottonwood tree are spun in every direction. They must be so dizzy.

The storm promises a beautiful show of lightning and rain and thunder. I cannot wait.

I lit some incense, as I customarily do for the Thunder Beings. And was struck with the high desire to smudge down my apartment. Now my apartment feels cleared and smells so good.

I took the remaining incense out on the balcony. I set wards upon the door and my bedroom window, no evil may enter here.

It struck me as odd, as I'm usually very closeted about my religion, my faith, my beliefs. But here I was, tracing pentacles in incense smoke out in public, and I didn't even look around once to see if anyone was out and about. I thought to myself, Let them know a Witch lives here. I'm not afraid any more.

And I'm not.

I'm done hiding who I am. I done trying to fit in, to fit the mold. To not rock the boat.

Some may call me evil. Some may believe I worship the Devil. Some may truly fear me.

But that is all their own perception.

While I wish all could see the Light. That all could learn The Truth. I know it that is not my place to shear the sheep.

My Path lies in the Way of the Wolf, the Way of the Serpent, the Way of the Lioness.

Nature is my sanctuary and I need to remember that more often. I am a feral creature at heart, and need to return to the wilds to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment