Friday, November 23, 2012

Touching Base


Yes, yes, another antlered woman.  *smiles*  Perhaps Deer is the totem for the upcoming year?  Lion/Lioness is the totem for this year.

We opted to stay here for Thanksgiving.  We didn't relish the thought of being out on the road with the craziness and instead curled up at home and enjoyed the day as we would any other day that we had free from any outside obligations.  And it was truly lovely.

Tomorrow we are doing lunch with my Coven.  It will be good to see them again.  Though I do find myself wavering again on my involvement with the Coven.  Should I stay or should I go?  *shrugs*  I have yet to hear anything from Amber on my request for 1st Degree Initiation, and I sent that email shortly after Mabon back in September.  Even if she simply said she didn't feel I was ready for initiation, I could accept that.  It's this whole no response thing that has me a bit put out.  *shrugs*

My journal is back from the most recent swap I hosted.  I'm quite displeased with Patty's contribution....she had it for three bloody weeks and managed ONE handwritten page.  That's it.  And then she mailed it to me instead of mailing it to Annette like she was supposed to.  So I had to mail TWO journals....and money isn't exactly plentiful here.  *sighs*  Yeah, she won't be joining in on any other swaps.  I mean, if she wasn't going to put forth any effort, why did she want to join the swap?  *shakes her head*

We watched UFC 154 at Lisa's house back on the 17th.  Great times.  It was good to watch the UFC with people who like it and know the fighters.  Georges St. Pierre was back and in fine form.  Great fight.

Babysat Monday and Tuesday.  Monday we hit the Fort Worth Zoo.  I got some great photos and a number of small feathers from the Harpy Eagles and the Stellar Sea Eagle too.  Very cool.  :)  Overall, the girls were great and it was a super easy gig.  And it's nice to get paid for two days of work when I wouldn't be getting any money in the first place. 

Though, I have a question about my pay.  During the summer, I was getting paid $70 a day to watch the girls, so by the standard, I should have been paid $140 for the two days.  Instead, the dad (who never handled that before) only paid me $100.  So I've text the mom inquiring about that.  We'll see how that all pans out.  Note to self: Be sure to discuss and agree on pay PRIOR to accepting the job, even if you've done that job before.

Hmmm, what else, what else?

Been working in my various journals once more.  I ordered a whole slew of photos, thanks to Shutterfly's generous offer of 101 FREE prints.  That was awesome of them.

I've been working on my Art Every Day Challenge too.  A Mandala a day, based off of animal patterns.  I need to photograph/scan those and upload them soon.  I'm behind (as usual), but am really enjoying the challenge.

Still trying to figure out the best way to get my lavender hair and still keep my job.  I had found a lady in the area that does hair extensions...but she wanted to charge me $125 to do it.  Seriously, my jaw hit the ground when she quoted that price to me.  Um no.  I just wanted 2 streaks in my hair about an inch wide.  And shit, if I had that kind of money to blow, I would have bought Georges St Pierre's walk-out shirt (but seriously, I couldn't justify spending $55 on a damn t-shirt, even if it IS Georges!).

Heck, I'm even thinking of just having a hairdresser bleach part of my hair and then dye it lavender.  *chuckles*  One way or another, I'm getting that lavender hair.  I've become almost obsessed with it.  I just need to find a hairdresser that has lavender hair dye.  The hairdresser I usually go to is much older, and I fear my request for such an unusual hair color would shock her.  And I make it a point NOT to shock those who wield scissors near my head.  *chuckles*

*wanders off*

No comments:

Post a Comment