Sunday, November 25, 2012

Into the Light


Photo from: Fashion Blog

 
She gives a quick and easy tutorial on how to dye your hair lavender without having to go to the hairdresser for it.  I'd just have to have a profession hairdresser bleach my hair to ensure I don't go ORANGE.  And the lavender is a semi-permanent color.  I wonder how long that lasts exactly.  I'd be tempted to do it over winter break....or maybe the summer.  We'll have to see.

I worked out today.  Did some time on the elliptical and then tossed in lunges and leg lifts and weights too.  And a few yoga positions to help stretch.  And some of my exercises from my knee physical therapy.  I know I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow.  Especially since I'll be playing soccer with the kids again.  *chuckles*  It's time for me to get up off my ass and do something about my weight.

It's depressing, how fat I've gotten.  And add on top of that, that the Gap is discontinuing the Long & Lean jeans that I wear.  *sighs*  I tried on other jeans, but they just remind me of why I hate women's jeans.  Does everything for the female body have to be skin tight?  And those jeans make it look like I have NO ass what-so-ever.  That was a shocker.  I used to get all sorts of compliments on my ass (second only to my boobs).  And in those jeans you'd think I had a grandpa ass.  You know, those butts that look like they cave inwards instead of curving outwards.  *shakes her head*

I just keep telling myself that loosing the weight and getting toned up does not necessarily mean I'll be a victim again.  I'm not doing all of these just so I can be sexy (it's a nice by-product though).  I'm doing this so I can be healthy enough and strong enough to start taking the various MMA (mixed martial arts) classes I want to take.  I'm doing this so I can learn how to properly defend myself AND have the ability to do so, should the occasion ever call for it.  I need to make a visualization board to remind me of this.  To keep me motivated. 

I'm taking small steps, so I don't burn myself out or scare myself off.  Baby steps....but daily steps.  That's the key right now.

I'm tired of hiding.  Time to step out into the light.....

No comments:

Post a Comment