Wednesday, January 5, 2022

COVID or....

So yeah....gonna get tested tomorrow to see if I have COVID or if this is something else. Seriously NOT looking forward to this. ::sighs::

Let’s see. Boss lady was out all of last week with COVID. Work bestie, Carli – her husband’s work was closed last week because so many of his coworkers tested positive with COVID. She was supposed to get tested, but was out yesterday, so I don’t know what her status is. And then Noemy, another coworker, found out last week that the family she hung out with over Christmas have all tested positive for COVID. She was out yesterday as well, so I don’t know her status either.

And I’m rocking a deep chest cough (have been for a while – was pretty sure it was allergies, but allergy meds aren’t helping now), and yesterday, I developed deep muscle pain in my neck and legs, along with extreme fatigue, and then spiked a fever about an hour before I was due to head home. ::sighs::

But yeah, I luckily managed to snag a very coveted spot in one of the drive thru COVID testing sites that the county set up for tomorrow. But it will still be 48 hours or so before I know the results of that test. So I text boss lady to let her know that (I claimed migraine for today so I didn’t have to go to work, which yeah, my head aches, but mostly, I just can’t turn my head, hence driving is problematic. And I’m exhausted just coming down the stairs in the morning, so yeah, NOT going to work) I would be late coming in to work tomorrow because of the test and she asked if I was presenting any symptoms other than the headache. Like, bitch, you were sitting beside me all day yesterday listening to me hack up my lungs. So I rattled off the symptoms I am experiencing, and she told me not to come in with those symptoms. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment