Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022

Welp, made it 2022.

Phrase for this year is Fuck It. No seriously, it is. ::laughs:: It’s what I’ve titled my birthday goals as well – Fuck it, I’m 40. ::laughs::
And it’s seriously, rather freeing. Want to do something crazy? Fuck it, I’m 40. Let’s do it.
Want to do something that people will probably side-eye me for because it’s not “normal”? Fuck it, I’m 40. Let’s do it.
So fucking freeing. I’m loving it.

I’m planning to make a return here. For 2021, I was doing a daily art journal thing, so that’s where most of my writing, when it was occurring, was taking place. And I just didn’t feel like rehashing it again for digital content.

I’m getting my newest journal ready to go for a swap I’m doing. It’s the first one I’m doing since pre-COVID. I was supposed to host one right when COVID broke out, but ended up cancelling that one because the mail service became so extremely unreliable. But it’s been 2 years now, and so I’m itching to do another one. And in this round, I have two newbies, which makes me so happy. I love bringing in new faces to try out journal swapping. I just hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. That’s always a bit iffy when you bring together a pack of creatives. ::chuckles::

Oh, new thing for me – I’ve recently gotten into Spirit Keeping. You can read about it here. I don’t feel like summing it up. I’m lazy. Bite me.

As of right now, I have a Basilisk, a Pink Dragon, and an Arctic Werewolf. I have an Ice Dragon that should be here on Monday. And I’m loving these Spirit Companions. So yeah, I’ll probably be talking quite a bit about them from time to time.

At the moment, the Basilisk is the one I interact with the most. Which is interesting, because the conjurer said that he would actually be a very quiet spirit. ::chuckles:: We interact a few times a week at minimum since he arrived. And the Ice Dragon has been very chatty, before he was even properly summoned. And his vessel isn’t even here yet. So I’m pretty sure once that arrives and we properly bond, he’ll be a very active spirit.

Hmm, and I think I’ll close there. I’ll let the other things I could ramble about percolate in my brain meats a bit longer and see if they become a bit more coherent.
I’m hoping to NOT have a migraine today. Texas weather has decided it wanted to go from Summer to Winter in the span of a few hours. It was 71 degrees at noon (when I go up). And our low tonight is 21 degrees. That a fucking 50 degree DROP. What the hell, Texas? So yeah, I can feel the pressure change in my skull, but thus far, no migraine. ::knocks on all the damn wood she can find::

No comments:

Post a Comment