Friday, March 27, 2020

Journaling

I am working more on doing things that calm me down. That center me. I have dusted off my art journal and have been writing in it. It was supposed to travel around the country in one of my journal swaps, but I’ve elected to put the swap on hold right now, since everything keeps changing every hour it seems. So instead, I’m working in it myself.

Page I did yesterday:

20200326_175731

And I came across this on Facebook and whole-heartedly agree with it:

89968997_10164952708075206_4124279810983723008_n

I know one of my blogging buddies here, Annie, is a historian and is all about documenting our personal lives right now and to ensure it gets to a historical society at some point. She recommends to document your thoughts and feelings about things. Observations – like things that are out of the ordinary but also things that are still normal. Write about yourself to ensure future readers know who wrote it and what your perspective is. Young historians will utilize this primary source in the future.

So yeah, that’s pretty much what I’m doing throughout the day. I also came across a YouTube video about The Huge Sketchbook Challenge. The premise is to fill in The Giant Sketchbook…..in 30 days. An impressive feat for sure. I’m tweaking it and wanting to fill up the Moleskin journal I’m currently using. About a fourth of it has been used (if that much), and I started it in 2016. Yeah, I’m terrible at working in various journals throughout the year, so any one journal can span multiple years easily. ::chuckles:: And they all overlap as well.

But, seeing as how I’m stuck at home until at least April 17th (at the moment), I want to really push myself to do more art journaling. I also want to watch some of the “how to draw” videos as well, and get that going.

No comments:

Post a Comment