Sunday, March 22, 2020

Essential


Yeah, left that last entry on a bit of a cliff-hanger.

David is one of two Techs kept on.  And he’s only taking a 10% pay cut.  Which, from what he’s hearing, is really good.  Apparently the other people that were allowed to stay on were given 30-40% pay cut, so we are very grateful.  He’ll be working from home still, but working 8 am to 5 pm.  Which sucks for him because he is NOT a morning person what-so-ever.

As of right now, I will be heading in to work tomorrow.  Though I’m sure that could change by the end of the week.  But for now, I am doing my best to focus on what I can control and letting go of what I cannot.  I am compiling a list of projects to do if I do end up stuck at home.  If that happens, I should be able to accomplish quite a few of my Birthday Goals and my 101 Goals as well, if I end up stuck at home for a while.  I just hope I get paid during that time. 

We had a Coven chat earlier today via Zoom.  It was really nice to “see” everyone and talk about witch things for a while.  At this point, my Beltane ritual has been cancelled.  We are hoping to still do the Summer Solstice ritual, but that hinges 100% on how the world is doing at that point.

Dallas County has issued a Shelter In Place.  Only “essential” personnel are to be out and about.  I won’t lie…I was kind of hoping this mean I could stay home.  But the Director just said we will be reporting to work in the morning.  I guess we are considered “essential”.  ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment