Sunday, May 15, 2016

Zoo Time

written: May 14th

So I finally made a return visit to the Zoo. I can’t remember the last time I was there. But this is something I’m wanting to get back into the habit of doing. It generally makes me quite happy.

This time around though? So friggin’ packed. Everyone and their damn dog decided to visit the Zoo that day. ::sighs:: So I only stayed an hour and a half, but it was a great visit.

One of the red wolves was up and moving – I was able to get some decent photos of that. The bushmaster was really intrigued by me again, so I got some good photos of that as well.

But the crowning glory?

alt text 

Hanging with my favorite pair of raptors. And being gifted with this:

alt text

That alone, made the entire day worth it. Worth the hundreds upon hundreds of people there. Made it worth the screaming and crying children. The rude people. The aching knees (geez, when did I get so old?), and the crazy Texas road construction.

WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment