Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fire in the Soul



I woke up with a fire in my heart once more.  I woke up with the desire to kick my depression to the cub.  And even though I am MONTHS behind in my daily writing, I am wiping the slate clean and starting where I am at in this moment.

I’ve become so caught up in my quest for The Perfect.

The Perfect journal.
The Perfect pen.
The Perfect moment.
The Perfect inspiration.
The Perfect song.
The Perfect scent.
The Perfect candle.
The Perfect ritual.

I was so bound up in finding/achieving The Perfect that it morphed into The Perfect DISTRACTION.  And that is what I’ve come to realize The Perfect is.  Under all its rules and ILLUSIONS…it is merely a distraction.

Damn I was naïve, choosing Owl as my totem this year.  I thought it was going to be more about academic wisdom.  But how is wisdom gained?  By being confronted with illusions and deceptions, both from the World and from the Self, and by finally seeing them for what they are.  That is what Owl does when it teaches on how to See in the Dark.

I am definitely smarter now than I was at the beginning of the year.  But it certainly has not been a smooth or easy road.  But I guess it does take a lot of extra work to finally get yourself out of a rut you’ve been creating for close to 10 years…

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment