Friday, May 13, 2016

Log Jam



All my desire to journal has dried up.  Seems I wrote the entry about having to say good bye to Holly (old lady dog), and the words died with it.

I’ve been doing the mindless sharing, the shallow talking on Facebook, but I couldn’t write journal entries – digital or “analog” even.  So I’m forcing myself to do it now, hoping this will open up the logjam in my brain.

So let’s begin with a late Thankful Thursday.

I am thankful…
1.       Beautiful weather, both the sunny days and the stormy ones.  Both make me happy.
2.       Reached out to Sandi and Roni (two ladies I worked with last summer with the Tech Department), touching base and putting out feelers if the Temp Tech Job will manifest again this summer.  Both were THRILLED to hear from me and are actively trying to find out if they can hire me back. 
3.       For the $50 or so that I spent at Bath & Body Works last year, so I have a wide array of smell-good stuffs. 
4.       That I have coping mechanisms that are like second nature now to help pull myself out of a funk and to redirect SI compulsions before they spiral out of hand.  Still going strong on my decade of being SI behavior free.
5.       That the very first scratch off lottery ticket we bought in the new house – EVERY slot was a winner!  We ended up winning $50 off that $2 ticket…which was promptly put on our Starbucks card.  ::laughs::
6.       The covered swing bench David bought us.  We LOVE sitting out on it, while he smokes, and just relax.
7.       The two B’s I got in my first semester of grad school.  I’ve learned that they really do mean it when they say that 6 hours of grad school is equal to 15 hours of undergrad.  But with that under my belt now, I know what’s required of the following semesters.
8.       Our lil house.  Every day, I come to love it more and more.  This truly is home for us.
9.       That even though my wolf medallion necklace that I’ve had for 16 years or so now, finally broke…it broke in a way that I didn’t lose any of the beads.  Now I just have to restring it all.
10.   The awesome book one of my students surprised me with: “The Dog Master” by W. Bruce Cameron.  It has dogs, wolves, prehistoric man, anthropology, and archeology in it.  I couldn’t have picked out a better book for myself!  ::laughs::  I have no idea how Todd managed to find the most perfect book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment