Friday, January 29, 2016

New Oracle Deck

written: Jan 27th

My Messenger Oracle deck arrived on Sunday.

alt text

And I thought today would be a great day to open them up and give them a whirl. I had forgotten how stiff and cold brand new oracle/Tarot cards are. It took a bit of shuffling before they started “warming up” to me. That’s the best way to describe the sensation. They were stone cold and stiff when I first opened them up and began shuffling them. And then they seemed to limber up and warm up.

So I decided to just go with a quickie, three card reading. The question I posed the cards was, “What do I need to know about this Semester” – referring to my first semester in the Master’s degree program.

These are the cards I drew:

alt text

Card 1Share Your Thoughts: You have hopes, dreams, goals, and ideas. Do not guard your ideas jealously nor keep them locked within for fear that another may steal them or offer ridicule instead of support. It is time to share your vision. Tell Great Spirit and Gaia of your dreams and hopes so they may send you want you need. Speak of your dreams to others. Connect with those who share your goals and hopes for they may be able to help you realize your dreams sooner.

Card 2Know Your Power: You have a choice in all things. Your power is born of that freedom to choose, but with that freedom comes the burden of responsibility. To know your power you must accept responsibility for your part in all you experience even when you allow another to impose their choice or will upon you. You have the power to choose if you wear a saddle or bridle, or if another will ride upon your back. Own your power. Know it and see it in all of your choices and actions.

Card 3Heed the Messenger: It is easy to ignore the messengers and the signs they show you, especially when they bring a message you do not wish to hear. But now is not the tie to ignore the messengers. Do not let your fear of change or discomfort silence their voices. It is time for you to stop procrastinating, to see and to hear the truth, and do what is necessary. Heed the messenger for the wisdom they offer is born of your own intuition and need.

All in all, good messages there. All about speaking up, sharing what I know, owning my own power, knowing that I can do this, and listening to others, no matter what form they make take.

No comments:

Post a Comment