Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's Raining Squirrels

MoonTime is here. I look for a totem each MoonTime, that will guide how the rest of the month will go until the next MoonTime. This totem usually brings something to my attention that I'm lacking in my life, or on the flip-side, something I that I'm doing well, and need to continue doing.

So on my walk today with Holly, a squirrel fell off the carport a mere 2 feet in front of Holly's snout. Spooked all three of us (me, Holly, and the Squirrel). Usually, my totems don't almost fall into my lap, but Squirrel definitely made a big impact today, so that's the totem for this MoonTime.

Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews has this to say of Squirrel Totem: If squirrel has scampered into your life, examine your own activity and preparedness. Are you too active? Not active enough? Are you not planning at all for the future, distant or near? Are you becoming too erratic -- running to and fro and not accomplishing anything? Do you need to learn how to save and ration on any level -- including money, time, energy, etc?

And -- Squirrels are the masters at preparing, but they also are reminders that in our quest for our goals, we should always make time to socialize and play.

Basically, I'm so focused on the right here, the right now, that I'm not looking beyond my nose. I'm burrowed down, doing what needs to be done right now, but am not doing anything beyond that. I'm in survive mode, not thrive mode.

I need to make time for the fun things in life, the things I enjoy. I need to sit down and list the things I do for fun, and then start doing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment