Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday 05.08.14

I am thankful.....
1. for both of my jobs, even though I may bitch quite a bit about either one of them. They are paying my bills, getting me out of debt, allowing me to save up for my Polar Bear trip, and keeping me busy. Those are all blessings and I need to remember those on the less-than-stellar days.
2. for the daily walks with Holly that get me out of the apartment, off the internet, and out into the natural world that makes my heart and spirit so happy.
3. also for the green belt around our apartment complex that is teeming with life. While this apartment complex may piss me off beyond belief most of the time, this green belt/wooded area is a major, major plus to living here and at times, is the only thing that makes living here tolerable.
4. for my ability to spark creativity in my students. I've gotten a number hooked on art journaling. I specifically picked up a journal to be used at work, to gently fan my own creative spark, along with that in my students. Totally love this.
5. the internet. Even though I'm horribly addicted to it and spend way too much time on it, it does enrich my life quite a bit. Currently, I'm looking up ceremony/craft/ritual ideas for Litha, the Summer Solstice, that's coming up in June.
6. just 21 more days of school left. Then it's off on our crazy ass summer road trip to see David's parents. We are both desperately needing the vacation time from our respective jobs. Hopefully we kill many birds with this stone -- a break from the burn out of working, visiting his parents, seeing new parts of the country (at least for me), and just having fun.
7. that we are getting a second go at spring. Right as the trees and flowers were beginning to bloom, we got hit with a nasty, sneak-attack ice storm, so this spring has been very light flower wise. But we're getting a second round, and this has made me even more grateful for the blooms that put forth the extra effort to show up this spring time.
8. for free photo offers through Shutterfly from time to time. I don't do as much photography and print even less, but when I do want prints, it's nice to get them almost completely free. I do have to pay for shipping, but the rest is taken care of.
9. for having Saturdays off. I guard these days very jealously, but completely relish having a complete day off, all to myself and whatever I wish to do. It's exactly what my heart and spirit need so that I don't go off the deep end and go on a murderous rampage.
10. that David and I randomly decided to check out a new store that opened up near Petsmart -- called Tuesday Morning. Awesome little store. A step up from a dollar store -- the quality is GREAT -- but still much cheaper that we would normally pay. I foresee us paying that store a visit at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment