Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ostara Altar

alt text

Blessed Ostara (the Spring Equinox)! The last day of winter and the beginning of spring, when night and day are equal. From here on out, the days will grow longer and warmer until the Summer Solstice (the longest day of the year).

The candle I have burning is the Ostara Candle from Sage Goddess. It's beautiful to look at, but she didn't pack it all that great (just in a padded envelope), so it's a little beat up and squished in places. And then, while it was burning, it smelled like Hooters (the eating place, not actual boobs)....or maybe it was Long John Silvers. Fried food is what it smelled like. *shakes her head* Sad, because it really was a pretty candle to look at. I blew out shortly after I took this photo because I just couldn't stand the smell. I certainly will not be purchasing any more of her sabbat candles if this is what they are going to smell like. Not to mention the $31 price tag on it too. Just not worth it. I'll look into other vendors instead.

Maybe it's just the smell of beeswax? I don't know. This is the first beeswax candle I've had. I'll stick with soy from here on out though.

In celebration of Ostara, Holly and I took a nice long walk through the woods today and reveled in the beauty of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment